This tool demonstrates the use of the Import3DFile object to import a 3D model to a 3D Marker symbol style.
How to use:
Extension: 3D AnalystPlatforms: WindowsMinimum ArcGIS Release: 9.0
Compile the VB project to create the executable and run the executable. Run the 3D Model Viewer executable:
1. Answer 'No' if you don't have a persisted model list (Yes if you do and want to use it)
2. Double-click 'Browse' to browse for a 3D model (*.3dx, *.flt, or *.wrl) and you can select more than one
3. After loading the models they'll display in the five smaller viewer, the first of which displays in larger viewer
4. Double-clicking a smaller viewer will make the model displayed there displayed in the larger viewer
5. Both the smaller viewers and the larger viewer use the scene viewer control object, which is navigatable
6. Hit OK to quit and the model list can be optionally saved (as a text file) with the browser program
Steps for compiling the EXE:
The VB code for this sample does not depend on other utilities. It should compile for itself.
||The main form to perform the 3D model viewing task.
||The main routine that calls the form procedures.